ERP Project - Oracle/PeopleSoft
|Access | Training | Security | Documentation | Reports | Chart of Accounts | PCard | FAQ's|
|Purchasing | Falcon’s Purch | Finance & Administration|
Financial Management Solutions (FMS) v9.1
FMS 9.1 PCard
The move to FMS 9.1 as of July 1, 2011 will incorporate use of the PCard Module. This module will replace the online Paymentnet program provided by JPMorgan. This change will provide the following advantages to PCard users.
- PCard users will access one less system for their purchasing needs - with 9.1 FMS and Falcons Purch will be utilized.
- Users will gain more control over when the charge hits their budget, eliminating the delay of up to 43 days in Paymentnet.
- Approvers will have automatic and immediate notification of transactions needing approval.
- PCard users "touch" the transaction only once - they will scan, attach, approve, and are done.
- Easier to Audit.
- Vendor Transaction detail will be reflected in reports.
- One central depository for purchases made at BGSU - all will be in FMS.
The PowerPoint presentation used during the March 3 FMS 9.1 Open Forum is available for your review. This Powerpoint includes a comparison of Paymentnet features to FMS features and screen shots of the FMS Procurement Card module.
Frequently Asked Questions
The questions regarding the PCard presentation and other inquiries have been captured and assembled into a FAQ and the PCard Frequently Asked Questions and Answers are available for your review. If you have any additional questions, you are invited to submit them to FMS@bgsu.edu.
In preparation for the transition to use of the PCard module in FMS, all PCard holders will be required to attend a one-hour training session. PCard holders will receive an email message from the PCard Administrator email address detailing the training requirement and opportunities. Any PCard holder who would like to attend a training session may register for a session using the online registration system available here. PCards in FMS 9.1 will be activated following the successful completion of the required training.