BGSU Information Technology Policies
BGSU Authorization of PeopleSoft Changes
|Applicability||All BGSU Stakeholders||Number||IT - xx - xx|
|Last Revised||December 14, 2007|
|Policy Owner|| Office of the Chief Information Officer|
Bowling Green State University (BGSU) will establish and follow detailed processes to authorize PeopleSoft program changes.
The BG@100 Executive Steering Committee (ESC) must approve all changes involving new processes or enhancements to the delivered PeopleSoft program. The request for a change or enhancement will be presented to ESC in the form of an Action Item or Information Item.
ESC approved Action Items and ESC reviewed Information Items will be posted to the BG@100 web site http://www.bgsu.edu/bgat100. ESC membership, meeting schedule, and meeting minutes are available for reference on the web at: http://www.bgsu.edu/offices/cio/page5239.html.
- Action Item: An action item represents a request to the Executive Steering Committee to customize the PeopleSoft delivered software. The action item request will be written by the requesting functional area following a standard format. The action item will include the following categories:
- Issue Description
- Background Information
- Costs per Alternative
- Schedule Considerations per Alternative
- Recommendation with Supporters
At least one supporter from the requesting functional area will present the recommendation to ESC. Following an opportunity to discuss the request, ESC members will either table the request for further research or vote for one of the listed alternatives.
- Information Item: An information item is a description of choices made with regard to the implementation of the PeopleSoft software. Information items are presented to and formally reviewed by the Executive Steering Committee but do not require the committee's approval. This is because they may be mandated by one of the following conditions:
- Maintain compliance where required by law.
- Maintain compliance with local, state and federal government agencies.
- Maintain compliance with university specific agencies.
- Maintain compliance with outside vendors.
- Maintain existing interfaces with other packaged software currently being used at the university.
- Maintenance of translate table. PeopleSoft delivers numerous code tables and their interpretations in a collection called the translate table. It is assumed that customers will add, change, and delete the delivered values as desired.
An information item may also be presented to ESC as formal means of communicating a change in a business process or procedure that will occur as a result of the implementation of the system. This type of information item may not require resource allocations to complete but may simply communicate to the committee how the delivered system is being configured at BGSU.
Information items, regardless of the type or origin, are presented in a standard format containing background information about the issue or requirement and then specific information regarding the solution.
Once printed, this policy may be outdated. The most recent version of this policy can be found at: http://www.bgsu.edu/offices/cio/page32228.html