|Access | Training | Security | Documentation | Time and Labor | MDMC|
CSS Security / Security Forms
BGSU employees who will be using the CSS PeopleSoft system are required to obtain approval for the appropriate security level prior to using the CSS system. Access and an associated security level is provided based on the tasks each user will be completing in CSS. The CSS is comprised of various modules and therefore users may have different levels of access for different modules. For example, a user may have Maintenance Level Access for Schedule of Classes and have View Only Access for Admissions information.
Once appropriate training has been completed, employees may request access to the CSS system. For information regarding CSS training, please see the ERP CSS Training web page.
Removal of CSS Security Access
Users will also need to submit a request to remove CSS security access once the access is no longer needed due to a change in job duties, a change in position, retirement, etc. These same forms are also appropriate to request this change in security access. Complete the form (if user is unavailable to sign form, manager signature only will be required for processing), select the appropriate delete boxes and submit as outlined
Please complete the following to submit a request to add or delete CSS security:
CSS Security Access Request Forms
- Obtain the appropriate CSS Security Access Request Form from the link below. All forms are in pdf format and may be completed using Adobe Acrobat. To use the Print and Clear Form options be sure to open the document using Adobe Acrobat.
- To reference the Training Track web pages which include Checklists with details regarding how to complete these forms, please see the ERP CSS Training web page.
- Note: For Pharos Guest Printing, add the role BG_CC_PHAROS on a blank line under the Campus Community Roles section.
- After completing the form, sign as appropriate.
- Obtain authorization approval from your manager by obtaining his/her signature.
Return the completed and appropriately signed form to:
Technology Support Center
110 Hayes Hall
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH 43403
All appropriately completed forms will continue through the CSS review process for verification of training attendance/completion and for appropriate approvals/signatures. Once all approvals/signatures have been received, the applicant will receive access to CSS.
Applicants will receive an e-mail messages to notify them when the form has been
- received and scanned into the OnBase system,
- when all functional area leads have approved the security access request, and
- when the process has been completed, security access has been set up, and the user may begin to use CSS.
If for any reason the security access request is denied, the user will receive an email message outlining the reason for the denial of access. In some cases, the user may have the opportunity to take appropriate action (such as completing required training) and then resubmit a new security request form.
Please Note: This process may take some time to complete (review of forms and obtaining appropriate approvals) so all users are asked to leave an appropriate amount of lead time prior to needing CSS access.