This sample resume page has links that give advice on the form and content of the most common resume headings. Click on the links for more information about how to write that section.
Carmen J. Fernandez
463 South Summit, Apt. 36
Bowling Green, OH 43402
To use my analytical skills, ability to communicate ideas, commitment to perform quality work, and relevant experience to improve efficiency and enhance supplier relations.
Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, OH
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, May 2000
- Purchasing and Materials Management, and Production and Operations Management
- 3.95 G.P.A.
- Personally financed 75% of college expenses through summer employment.
J.J. Case Company
Materials Analyst - Summer 2003
- Expedited 18.9 million dollars of parts in a world class manufacturing operation.
- Accountable for the timely delivery of more than 1200 different parts from both foreign and domestic suppliers.
- Controlled inventory through extensive interaction with the production department and with on-line workers to ensure accurate daily inventory records and requirement forecasts.
- Attended daily meetings with Materials Manager to evaluate supplier performance and develop alternatives to critical situations.
- Participated in supplier rationalization and cost reduction project.
- Audited work teams during annual physical inventory to assure accurate counts and adherence to procedures.
- Participated in the implementation of a new computerized manufacturing system.
United Technologies Corporation, Pratt and Whitney Aircraft Division
Purchasing Intern - Summer 2002
- Analyzed purchases of aircraft engine components according to engine-build schedule, expediting raw material, receiving, shipping, promise dates, and cost analysis with domestic suppliers and international partners.
- Generated twenty-two blanket purchase order contracts with main suppliers, saving $900,000.
- Initiated two three-year contracts accounting for 3.1 million total dollars with suppliers.
- Gained knowledge of governmental regulations for military engine procurement.
General Electric Aricraft Engines
Inventory Control Specialist - Summer 2001
- Gained an excellent understanding of Automated Inventory Systems. Maintained direct interface with MRP and VAX computer systems.
- Resolved discrepencies in shipments/recripts, in-transit counts and cycle counts which improved accuracy.
- Trained hourly employees in proper material handling procedures. Established a productive relationship with hourly union employees.
- Proficient in LOTUS, MINITAB statistical package. Harvard Graphics and WordPerfect
- Studied French language for three years and lived in France for ten weeks.
- National Association of Purchasing Management
- Bowling Green State University Purchasing Club - Vice President
- American Production and Inventory Control Society
- Undergraduate Student Government - Computing Council Representative