Teacher Job Fair Invitation and Agenda
TEACHER JOB FAIR
You are invited to attend the Teacher Job Fair, a targeted recruitment event that provides opportunities to interview outstanding candidates from Bowling Green State University’s nationally ranked teacher preparation program. The day begins with the Open Sign-Up Period from 8:00 a.m. – 9:20 a.m. where you can initiate contact with interested candidates, share information about current or anticipated openings within your school system, collect resumes, and schedule available interviews with students. We encourage you to register early as space is limited.
BGSU EDUCATION PROGRAMS
Our teacher preparation program involves a variety of “hands-on” experiences where future teachers participate in volunteer work, service learning, and field assignments. Through this integrated program, our future teachers learn about the students they will teach, the strengths and challenges of families and communities, and the demands and rewards of the teaching profession. Our teacher preparation program is designed to develop professional educators who teach in ways that are developmentally appropriate and sensitive to diverse backgrounds to engage students in learning tasks that are relevant and interesting, and to provide learners with opportunities to develop the skills required for success in our increasingly complex world.
There are two interview format options: 1) prescheduled, and 2) half-prescheduled/half-open.
- Prescheduled interviews: candidates whose licensure(s) or certification(s) meet your stated requirements will be permitted to sign up for interviews on your schedule(s) through BGSU WorkNet, the Career Center’s on-line interview scheduling system. Any unscheduled slots can be filled during the 8:00 a.m. – 9:20 a.m. Open Sign-Up Period.
- Half-prescheduled/half-open schedules: candidates whose licensure(s) or certification(s) meet your stated requirements will be permitted to sign up for morning only interviews through BGSU WorkNet. During the Open Sign-Up Period from 8:00 a.m. – 9:20 a.m., you will have the opportunity to schedule afternoon interviews.
Please complete the on-line registration form by March 8, 2014. The registration fee is $175 for two representatives. There is a $25 fee for each additional representative.
Upon receipt of your registration form, we will send a registration confirmation via e-mail. Please contact Juanita Van Liere at (419) 372-2359 if you have questions.
We regret that we cannot issue refunds after April 4, 2014.
Perry Field House (Please note that electrical outlets will not be available.)
- 7:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m. - Registration and Display Set-up
- 8:00 a.m. - 9:20 a.m. - Open Sign-up Period
- 9:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. - Interviews (every 30 minutes)
- 12:00 p.m. - 1:15 p.m. - Lunch
- 1:15 p.m. - 2:45 p.m. - Interviews (every 30 minutes)
- 2:45 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. - Refreshment Break
- 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. - Interviews (every 30 minutes)
DIRECTIONS & PARKING
From Detroit Metropolitan Airport: Take I-94 West to I-275 South to I-75 South to Bowling Green Exit 181 (1 hour 45 minutes)
From Toledo Airport: Take Route 2 East to I-475 East to I-75 South to Bowling Green Exit 181 (40 minutes)
From Ohio Turnpike: Take Exit 64 off Interstate 80/90 to I-75 South to Bowling Green Exit 181 (30 minutes)
From Columbus Airport: Take I-670 East to I-270 North to I-71 North to US 36/OH 37 West (Exit 131). Then US 36/OH 37 West to US 23 North to Route 15 West to I-75 North to Bowling Green Exit 181 (2 hrs 30 minutes)
Directions to Perry Field House, 801 North Mercer Road, Bowling Green, OH 43403: Go west off Exit 181 East Wooster Street to Mercer Road (2nd traffic light). Turn right (north) and follow Mercer Road to Perry Field House, located on the left (west) side of the road. You may drive up to the main entrance of the Perry Field House where student staff will help you unload your materials before parking in the lot.
For employers traveling from out of town who wish to stay in the City of Bowling Green, here are some local hotels close to campus. Ask for a Recruiter Corporate Rate when booking your reservation. The Career Center neither endorses a particular establishment nor negotiates accommodation rates. Rates have been confirmed by the hotels but are subject to change based on availability. It is advisable to book your rooms early for the most suitable accommodations.
Best Western Falcon Plaza (419-352-4671) 1450 E. Wooster, BG
Hampton Inn (419-353-3464) 142 Campbell Hill Road, BG
Holiday Inn Express (419-353-5500) 2150 E. Wooster, BG
Hilton Garden Inn (419-873-0700) 6165 Levis Commons, Perrysburg
OTHER HELPFUL LINKS
COLLEGE OF EDUCATION AND HUMAN DEVELOPMENT
COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY, ARCHITECTURE & APPLIED ENGINEERING
COLLEGE OF MUSICAL ARTS
SCHOOL OF ART
Please note: Only current students and alumni of Bowling Green State University (BGSU) are eligible to attend the BGSU Teacher Job Fair. BGSU IDs will be scanned at the door.