Student Employment Services
Summer Job Fair 2013 Logistics
|9:00 a.m- 11:00 a.m.||Shuttle Service from Lot 20 (Visitors’ Information Center)|
Check-In, Display Set-Up in Ballroom
Employer Brunch in Sky Bank Room 201
|10:45 a.m. - 10:55 a.m.||Welcome & Announcements in Sky Bank Room 201|
|11:00 a.m.- 3:00 p.m.||Summer Job Fair Open to Students|
|1:00 p.m.||Refreshments Available for Recruiters|
|3:00 p.m.- 4:00 p.m.||Shuttle Service to Lot 20 Parking|
Set-Up: Representatives may arrive at any time after 9:00 a.m. for set-up. Assistance will be available for unloading materials. Recruiters are responsible for unpacking and setting up of their own displays/materials, as well as repacking and shipping after the fair.
Booth Size: Your space at the job fair allows for a floor display to be placed behind your 8' table.
Table & Layout: The 8' table includes a white tablecloth with two chairs. Organizations will be arranged in alphabetical order.
Banners: These cannot be hung on the walls, so please bring appropriate supplies to display your banner at/on the table.
Electrical Outlets: Unfortunately, we are unable to provide electrical outlets. We encourage you to bring displays that do not require electricity or video hookup.
Audio Displays: We prefer that you not bring audio displays due to the noise level of the fair and the comfort of neighboring companies.
Wireless Internet Access: The Bowen-Thompson Student Union is equipped with wireless internet access. Please contact your IT department to make sure all firewalls and security software allow accessibility. See a staff member at the Fair to request a guest username and password.
Balloons: Due to the sprinkler systems in the Bowen-Thompson Student Union, balloons are not allowed.
SHIPPING AND HANDLING
When shipping materials and displays to the Student Employment Services for use at the Summer Job Fair, please refer to the following guidelines:
- Employers should ship display units, printed material, and give-a-way items to arrive no earlier than Monday, March 4, 2013 and no later than Tuesday, March 12, 2013.
- All items must clearly indicate your organization's name and specify the Summer Job Fair.
- Deliver items directly to:
Peg Bucksky, Summer Job Fair Coordinator
Student Employment Services
Bowling Green State University
318D Math Sciences Building
Bowling Green, OH 43403-0161
- Use your courier's tracking system to confirm successful arrival and shipment dates.
- Items will be stored at Student Employment Services until March 12, 2013. We will make every effort to have your shipped materials waiting at your display table upon your arrival. It is the recruiter's responsibility to prepare all items for courier pick-up, including the return shipping address and completed shipping forms with employer's account number.
- Please arrange a pick-up time with your courier before you leave the Fair. Student Employment Services will not coordinate your shipment. Use your courier's tracking system to confirm successful arrival and shipment dates.
- If materials are not picked up by March 18, 2013, BGSU reserves the right to dispose of them.
A buffet brunch is included in the registration fee and will be available from 9:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. Coffee, tea, and water will be available throughout day.
COPYING & DUPLICATION SERVICES
There are commercial copy and duplicating services available in the Bowen-Thompson Student Union or within the city of Bowling Green. See below for businesses:
- Stamper's Mail and Copy Shop (419-372-9633) 227 Bowen-Thompson Student Union
- The Copy Shop (419-352-4068) 117 E. Court Street
- FedEx Copy Services (419-354-3977) 115 Railroad Street
- Staples Copy & Print Center (419-352-2376) 1080 S. Main Street
DIRECTIONS & PARKING
- From Detroit Metropolitan Airport: Take I-94 West to I-275 South to I-75 South to Bowling Green Exit 181 (1 hour 30 minutes)
- From Toledo Airport: Take Route 2 East to I-475 East to I-75 South to Bowling Green Exit 181 (40 minutes)
- From Ohio Turnpike: Take Exit 64 off Interstate 80/90 to I-75 South to Bowling Green Exit 181 (30 minutes)
- From Columbus Airport: Take I-670 East to I-270 North to I-71 North to US 36/OH 37 West (Exit 131). Then US 36/OH 37 West to US 23 North to Route 15 West to I-75 North to Bowling Green Exit 181 (2 hours, 30 minutes)
Unloading at Bowen-Thompson Student Union: Take East Wooster Street West to Thurstin Avenue and turn right (north). The entrance of the Union parking lot is on the right (east) just past the crosswalk intersection. You will have 15 minutes of free parking to unload your car after collecting the ticket at the gate. Staff will be available to help you unload your materials.
Parking after Unloading at Bowen-Thompson Student Union: Park your car in Lot 20 by the Visitors Information Center located on Alumni Drive in front of Doyt Perry Football Stadium. To get to Lot 20 return to East Wooster Street (left on Thurstin Avenue and left on East Wooster). Take East Wooster to Alumni Drive, turn left on Alumni Drive, Lot 20 is located on the right hand side before the Visitors Information Center. You will not need a parking permit to park in Lot 20. A shuttle marked Summer Job Fair will be available to transport you to the Bowen-Thompson Student Union.
Parking without having materials to unload: Parking will be available at Lot 20 by the Visitors Information Center located on Alumni Drive in front of Doyt Perry Football Stadium. You will not need a parking permit to park in Lot 20. The shuttle marked Summer Job Fair will take you to the Bowen-Thompson Student Union.
HOTEL ACCOMMATIONS IN BOWLING GREEN
For employers who wish to stay in the city of Bowling Green, here are some local hotels close to campus. Student Employment Services neither endorses a particular establishment nor negotiates accommodation rates. It is advisable to book your rooms early for the most suitable accommodations.
- Best Western Falcon Plaza (419-352-4671) 1450 E. Wooster Street, Bowling Green, Ohio, 43402
- Hampton Inn (419-353-3464) 142 Campbell Hill Road, Bowling Green, Ohio, 43402
- Holiday Inn Express (419-353-5500) 2150 E. Wooster Street, Bowling Green, Ohio, 43402