Fall EXPO Employer Logistics
|DAY 1: FALL EXPO JOB & INTERNSHIP FAIR|
Wednesday, October 10, 2012
|DAY 2: EXPO INTERVIEW DAY*|
Thursday, October 11, 2012
|8:00 AM - 10:00 AM||Recruiter Check-In & Set-Up||8:00 AM - 8:30 AM||Recruiter Check-In|
|10:00 AM - 3:00 PM||Job Fair & Interview Sign-Up||8:30 AM - 11:45 AM||Interviews|
|11:45 AM - 1:00 PM||Recruiter & Faculty Luncheon||11:45 AM - 1:00 PM||Recruiter & Faculty Luncheon|
|3:00 PM||Job & Internship Fair Ends||1:00 PM - 4:15 PM||Interviews|
*EXPO Interview Day Interview schedules are structured to accommodate twelve half-hour interviews, two fifteen-minute breaks, and a lunch hour. If you are unable to attend the Fall EXPO Interview Day and would like to schedule an alternate date to conduct on-campus interviews contact Juanita Van Liere at 419-372-2359 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shipping and Handling: When shipping materials and displays to the BGSU Career Center for use at a Job and Internship Fair, please refer to the following guidelines:
- Employers may ship display units, printed material, and give-a-way items to arrive at BGSU Career Center no earlier than Monday, October 1, 2012 and no later than Tuesday, October 9, 2012.
- All items must clearly indicate your organization's name and specify the Fall EXPO Job & Internship Fair.
Deliver items directly to:
Juanita Van Liere, Fall EXPO Coordinator
BGSU Career Center
Bowling Green State University
318C Math Sciences Building
Bowling Green, OH 43403-0150
- Use your courier's tracking system to confirm successful arrival and shipment dates.
- Items will be stored at the Career Center until October 9, 2012. We will make every effort to have your shipped materials waiting at your display table upon your arrival.
- It is your recruiter's responsibility to prepare all items for courier pick-up. They should include the return shipping address and completed shipping forms with employer's account number. Items must be placed in the Perry Field House for courier pick-up.
- Please arrange a pick-up time with your courier by 4:00 p.m. on the day of Fair. The Career Center will not be able to coordinate your shipment.
Set-Up: Representatives may arrive at any time after 8:00 a.m. for set-up. Assistance will be available for unloading materials. Recruiters are responsible for unpacking and setting up of their own displays/materials, as well as repacking and shipping after the fair.
Booth Size: Your space at the job fair allows room for a floor display to be placed behind your 8' table.
Table & Layout: The 8' table includes a white tablecloth with two chairs. Organizations will be arranged in alphabetical order.
Banners: These cannot be hung on the walls, so please bring appropriate supplies, such as heavy tape to hang your banner on the table.
Electrical Outlets: Unfortunately, we are unable to provide electrical outlets for your use at the fair. We encourage you to bring displays that do not require electricity or video hookup.
Audio Displays: We prefer that you not bring audio displays due to the noise level of the fair and the comfort of neighboring companies.
Wireless Internet Access: The Perry Field House is equipped with wireless internet access. Please contact your IT department to make sure all firewalls and security software allow accessibility. See a Career Center staff member at the Fair to request a username and password.
Balloons: Due to the high ceilings in the Perry Field House, balloons are not allowed.
COPYING & DUPLICATION SERVICES
There are commercial copy and duplicating services available in the Bowen-Thompson Student Union or within the city of Bowling Green. See below for businesses:
- The Copy Shop (419-352-4068) 117 E. Court Street
- FedEx Copy Services (419-354-3977) 115 Railroad Street
- Staples Copy & Print Center (419-352-2376) 1080 S. Main Street
DIRECTIONS & PARKING
- From Detroit Metropolitan Airport: Take I-94 West to I-275 South to I-75 South to Bowling Green Exit 181 (1 hour 45 minutes)
- From Toledo Airport: Take Route 2 East to I-475 East to I-75 South to Bowling Green Exit 181 (40 minutes)
- From Ohio Turnpike: Take Exit 64 off Interstate 80/90 to I-75 South to Bowling Green Exit 181 (30 minutes)
- From Columbus Airport: Take I-670 East to I-270 North to I-71 North to US 36/OH 37 West (Exit 131). Then US 36/OH 37 West to US 23 North to Route 15 West to I-75 North to Bowling Green Exit 181 (2 hrs 30 minutes)
- Directions to Perry Field House, 801 North Mercer Road, Bowling Green, OH 43403: Go west off Exit 181 East Wooster Street to Mercer Road (2nd traffic light). Turn right (north) and follow Mercer Road to Perry Field House, located on the left (west) side of the road. You may drive up to the main entrance of the Perry Field House where student staff will help you unload your materials before parking in the lot.
For employers traveling from out of town who wish to stay in the city of Bowling Green, here are some local hotels close to campus. The Career Center neither endorses a particular establishment nor negotiates accommodation rates. It is advisable to book your rooms early for the most suitable accommodations.
- Best Western Falcon Plaza (419-352-4671) 1450 E. Wooster Street, Bowling Green, Oh 43402
- Hampton Inn (419-353-3464) 142 Campbell Hill Road, Bowling Green, Oh 43402
- Holiday Inn Express (419-353-5500) 2150 E. Wooster Street, Bowling Green, Oh 43402
- Hilton Garden Inn (419-873-0700) Levis Commons, Perrysburg, Oh 43571