Campus Services: Fire Extinguishers
Work in collaboration with Residence Life, Environmental Health & Safety, and The City of Bowling Green Fire Division to establish policies and procedures for safety inspections and maintenance to fire extinguishers in our BGSU community.
|Work Order Request:||Submit a Work Order|
|BGSU Police:||If a fire extinguisher is expelled or tampered with, please contact the BGSU Police at|
|Health and Safety Inspector:||Josh Johnson|
- Repair and maintain fire extinguishers
- Prepare fire extinguishers for hydrostatic and six year maintenance
- Inspect over 2,500 fire extinguishers each month in all BGSU buildings according to National Fire Protection Association requirements
- Maintain inventory through the use of MS Access database
- Relocate or re-hang fire extinguishers not properly located or mounted
|Aim...||the nozzle at the base of the fire|
(stay back 6 to 8 feet).
|Sweep...||the hose back and forth.|