Taking Care of Your Bill at Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green State University offers tools and services to you and your family to help manage finances. To continue your education at BGSU, you must be in good financial standing with the University.
Financial resources to help you pay tuition and other expenses
1. Financial Aid
- Apply for financial aid early to maximize funding options. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at fafsa.ed.gov.
- Access the BGSU Financial Aid Web site for scholarship, grant and loan information at sfa.bgsu.edu. Allow adequate time for private loan processing (1-2 weeks from self certification)
- Check with community organizations.
- Take advantage of the free Searchable Scholarship Guide.
2. State Programs
- Visit the State of Ohio web site for information on state scholarship/grant programs (i.e., Choose Ohio First, Opportunities for Veterans, Ohio War Orphans Scholarship, etc.).
3. Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Check with your employer, or have your parents check with their employers to determine if they offer employee or dependent tuition reimbursement programs.
4. Personal Payments
- BGSU payment plan: Learn more at Installment Payment Plan
- After registering, make sure payment in full is received by the posted due date on your eBill.
5. Money Management Services
- Free financial education services to BGSU undergraduate and graduate students.
- Visit www.bgsu.edu/smms/.
Stay informed and current with your financial aid and your bill
1. Estimate your Bill
2. Email Notifications
- Check your Falcon Mail account regularly for important financial aid messages and eBill updates.
- To authorize a parent to receive an email for the eBill and to make online payments, students must log on to MyBGSU>Navigate to Students> Financials>View Bill & Make Payment and follow the link to > Parent PINs.
3. Financial Aid Requirements and Awards
- Log in to MyBGSU to view the status of your financial aid and your awards. Check your "To Do List" on a regular basis for items that need to be completed.
4. eBill (CashNet)
- To view your BGSU eBill, log in to your MyBGSUU>Navigate to Students> Financials>View Bill & Make Payment. This will take you directly to the eBill (CashNet) site.
- CashNet - BGSU's electronic billing notification system - check your balance frequently - know when your payment is due.
5. Mailing Address Updates
- Make sure your address is current. Log in to MyBGSU>Student Center>Home Address>Edit. MyBGSU allows convenient 24/7 online access.
Office of the Bursar - 419-372-2815
Student Financial Aid - 419-372-2651