Research & Professional Development Grants
The University Bookstore supports graduate education through graduate student travel and professional engagement grants, administered in conjunction with The Graduate College. This represents the wishes of the Bookstore staff to support the academic mission of the University and thank the University community for their patronage.
Fully admitted graduate students, currently enrolled and in good academic standing are eligible to apply for awards of as much as $1,000. Students may receive only one award from the Katzner or University Bookstore Funds during their academic career.
Awards can be used to support dissertation, thesis or project research with an approved topic on file. Funds can also be used to help defray travel expenses when presenting research in the form of a panel, paper, poster, etc. at conventions, conferences, workshops, and meetings sponsored by professional organizations.
To be considered for funding, students must complete an application at the link below and should note the following:
- Research Support grants will be evaluated based upon the quality of each project.
- Professional Development/Travel grants also require:
- The student's faculty advisor or graduate chair to comment as to whether or not their conference participation is required by their program or necessary for their degree completion, and
- A copy of the program or letter/email of invitation with the applicant's name clearly listed, verifying participation in the conference must be included with the application.
Fully completed applications will be reviewed on a first come, first served basis but must be submitted by the following deadlines to be considered.
- November 15th for fall semester
- March 15th for spring semester
- If application is for travel support, the application must be received prior to the conference.
- When one of the deadlines above falls upon a weekend or holiday, it will be extended to the following business day.
- Applicants will be notified of the results in writing.