Alumni Laureate Scholarship
Apply now for the Bowling Green State University Alumni Laureate Scholars Program
for leadership, service and citizenship, and networking with alumni and the BGSU community
Brandi Freeman '10
Minor: Ethnic studies
Post-graduation: Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Application Deadline: Dec. 3, 2012Apply Now
Combine BGSU’s rich academic environment with the opportunities available as a member of this distinctive and prestigious program.
Stephanie Kuharik '11
Post-graduation: Hired as a territory manager for Marathon
Receive a full-tuition scholarship* for fall and spring semesters only (adjusted annually), plus a $1,000 book award.
*The scholarship, which is renewable for six additional semesters after year 1, can be used toward any educational expense up to the cost of tuition.
Also, you will be part of a cohesive group of students who:
- Become more effective leaders through group and individual activities
- Participate in service projects that are personally meaningful and develop a deeper value for giving back to communities and organizations
- Benefit personally and professionally from networking and interacting with prominent alumni and friends from around the world
As part of the initial application, students must demonstrate the following criteria:
- Be accepted to BGSU (main campus) as a first-time, first-year student
- Hold a 3.5 minimum cumulative grade point average
- Score a minimum of 27 on the ACT (composite) or 1100 minimum combined on the SAT (critical reading plus math)
- Demonstrate a commitment to leadership and community service activities
- Scholarship applicants are not required to be children of BGSU alumni
In addition, the scholarship recipients must exhibit personal integrity, a breadth of involvement and achievement.
A selection committee reviews the applications and narrows the field to approximately 15 finalists, who are invited to campus for interviews. Typically, 3-5 winners are selected each year.
Sundeep Mutgi '10
Major: Political science, pyschology
Specialization: Public law
Post-Graduation: University of Cincinnati College of Law
Brian Gulko '11
Post-graduation: University of Toledo
College of Medicine