Alumni Career Services
Online career resources
We're constantly on the lookout for relevant tips and information on the web, in the media and elsewhere—and we want you to benefit from our research! Below are some of the main sources of information that we use to learn about trends in job search, résumé and cover letter design, networking and other hot topics.
Information from BGSU
- BGSU Career Center Resources
Includes information about exploring occupations and looking for a job, available through BGSU’s Jerome Library.
- Finding a job in another country
Popular industry and media resources
- Complete article database from Vault.com
- Job-related articles and features from The New York Times
- Monster.com advice and resources
- Career advice and tools from CareerBuilder.com
Comprehensive information related to careers, industries, salaries, and more; videos of career topics and employers
Contact us for login information for Insider Guides
- Vault Online Career Library (Career Insider)
Comprehensive information related to careers, industries, salaries, and more; also includes employee surveys; search Databases by Title (A-Z), Vault Online Career Library; salary Information
- For former athletes
NexGoal specializes in proprietary career assessment, development, coaching and job placement services focused within the former professional and/or collegiate athlete sector. Click here to learn more about their services.
Use the salary wizard to get an idea of the salary for a particular job title in a specific city and state.
Use this website to help you find out salary information by geographic location and also relocation resources.
Gives you an inside look at company reviews, interview questions, & salary information for thousands of companies.
- Tools for job searching on CareerOneStop
- Informational Interview Resources
Information from organizations and government
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
For hundreds of different types of jobs, you can find out the training and education needed, earnings, expected job prospects, what workers do on the job, and working conditions. There is additional information about job search tips and information by state.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
Find information about labor market activity, working conditions, and price changes in the economy.
- The National Association of Colleges and Employers
NACE Salary Survey will provide you with reliable results about salary calculations.
O*NET Online has detailed descriptions of the world of work for use by job seekers.
- Bureau of Vocational Rehabilitation
Contact: Dave Arnold; 441 Frazee Street, Suite B, Bowling Green; 800-248-8366
- S.C.O.R.E. (Service Corp of Retired Executives)
608 Madison Avenue, Toledo; 419-259-7598
Resources for military veterans
- BGSU Nontraditional and Transfer Student Services
- Military.com Veteran Employment Center
- Military Times Edge
- National Veteran-Owned Business Association
- G.I. Jobs
Temporary agencies and staffing firms
- Precision Staffing Solutions (419-247-2771)
Accounting, Finance, Information Technology
- A Plus Staffing (419-865-8712)
- Adecco (419-478-9675)
- Cardinal Services (419-893-5400)
- Claus Temporaries (419-866-1477)
Industrial, Clerical, Technical
- Snelling (419-534-JOBS)
- Supplemental Staffing (419-866-8367)
Accounting, Executive, Engineering, Computer Science, Technology, Manufacturing
- Renhill (419-254-2800)
Accounting, Bookkeeping, Typing, Warehouse
- Richman (419-535-1945)
Legal, Medical, Secretarial, Engineering, Manufacturing, Design
Resources for those who have lost their jobs
How can BGSU help advance your career?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (888) 839-2586.