Alumni Board of Directors
A member of the Alumni Board of Directors is appointed to hold the position based on demonstrated involvement, support and commitment to BGSU and the Alumni Association. In accepting this four-year appointment, the member agrees to fulfill the requirements and meet the responsibilities associated with board membership. These include, but are not limited to:
- Attending and participating in all three scheduled board meetings held each year on campus. If unable to attend a board meeting, to submit in advance of the meeting a written response related to action items on the agenda.
- Serving actively on alumni board and Alumni Association committees. Occasionally these committee meetings are held in conjunction with the board meeting but many are also held at other times throughout the year.
- Contributing financially to the university. All board members are expected to be current and annual donors.
- Developing funding support by assisting the staff in development and fundraising efforts by arranging introductions, encouraging friends and associates to attend special events and otherwise opening doors to funding sources.
- Becoming a representative and spokesperson in your community for Bowling Green State University and the Alumni Association. This may involve recruiting prospective students, meeting with other alumni and attending local alumni chapter events and more.
- Representing the University and Alumni Association at institutional and alumni activities both locally and on-campus whenever possible.
- Serving in an advisory and advocacy capacity for the alumni association and providing active support of the alumni association through resolutions and board advocacy.
To contact board members, please call the Alumni Association office at (419) 372-2424, or toll-free at (888) 839-2586.