Your gift matters!
Today, BGSU and universities everywhere are facing dramatically reduced state funding and other fiscal challenges that ultimately threaten the heart of any vibrant college community: its students. In addition, more than 95 percent of financial support to BGSU is restricted for specific purposes.
The Excellence Fund for BGSU allows for the flexibility and agility needed to respond to emerging opportunities or challenges in funding student programming, scholarships, faculty support and innovative, outside-the-classroom experiences. Tax-deductible gifts—of any size—to the Excellence Fund offer BGSU the chance to lend support directly to the students and programs in greatest need.
Annual support of the Excellence Fund for BGSU:
- Provides the resources to uphold BGSU’s prestigious academic reputation.
- Supports BGSU’s urgent priorities–or unexpected opportunities–by providing flexible income.
- Provides support that allows the University to raise additional funds for scholarships, building renovations, academic programs and athletics.
- Enables the University to act nimbly and decisively when doing so makes a real difference.
- Brings new perspectives and experiences into the classroom.
- Provides vital funding that state appropriations, tuition, fees and restricted support do not cover.
Why should I make a gift?
Annual support is critical to meeting the needs of students, and alumni and friends of BGSU have a long tradition of generosity and service to the University community. The Excellence Fund continues this dedication by providing wide-ranging, flexible support directly to students and programs in need. Without the Excellence Fund for BGSU, the University's ability to compete with other institutions is reduced in measurable ways.
How much do I need to give?
All gifts are appreciated; please donate any amount that is comfortable for you. And remember, gifts to the Excellence Fund are tax-deductible. Contributions received prior to December 31 may be deducted for the current tax year.
Every gift matters. Every year.