Instructions/Guidelines for MUS 099 Ushers
- Ushers should report for duty at 7 p.m. for an 8 p.m. curtain, and 2 p.m. for a 3 p.m. curtain (or one hour before the event) to Kobacker Lobby and check in with the house manager at the far-left lobby entrance door.
- Ushers must dress in white shirts and black or dark slacks/skirts. Be sure to wear appropriate footwear: sandals and athletic shoes are not permitted.
- The house manager will give you assignments for the evening, such as ticket taking, program distribution, etc.
- Ushers must work the entire concert, including being on duty during intermissions.
- Ushers should be courteous and friendly to patrons, keep all comments professional and make a positive impression on audience members.
- Do make sure to refer any and all problems to the house manager, including unauthorized audio/visual recording and photography, unruly or loud patrons or food or drink in the hall.
- One usher must remain standing inside the house at each of the doors after the house is closed and direct patrons to the east foyer door. This is required for the entire performance.
- One usher will be posted at the top of each set of steps in both the mezzanine and balcony levels and follow procedures as outlined immediately above.
- Ushers must report to the house manager at the conclusion of the performance for final instructions and duties.
- Your service will be considered concluded for the evening only when the house manager dismisses you and has signed your usher service voucher. This should be deposited into the designated drop box, located in the college reception area, on the first school day following the event, in order for you to receive credit for your service during each respective semester.