Master Plan - Bowling Green Campus
Objectives and Principles
1. The Master Plan time frame will be 15 years with a detailed 7-year Phase One implementation plan.
2. The Campus Development Plan will be phased in and aligned with BGSU’s financial capabilities.
3. Key program objectives for the Campus Plan are:
- Moderate growth in enrollment, faculty and supporting services
- Improvement of academic spaces based on future teaching pedagogies and capacities
- Upgrade and/or replacement of student life (residence, dining and recreational) facilities and services
4. Key Campus Plan objectives are:
- Create a land use and zoning strategy that supports an interactive, energized campus environment.
- Focus on the core campus from Wooster Street to Merry Avenue; Thurstin Avenue to Mercer Road.
- Build on the core “active spine” between Math-Sciences, the Traditions buildings and Jerome Library.
- Engage the northwest precinct – including north of Ridge Street – into the core campus experience.
- Create interactive campus zones characterized by increased academic/student life adjacencies.
- Plan for an enhanced student service and recruitment experience.
5. Create an implementation plan that aligns the phased implementation of the Master Plan with the institution’s financial capabilities.