Blackboard Technology Guide
Blackboard Technology Guide
Blackboard is the Learning Management Software used by BGSU to aid in the teaching of classes and sharing of information. Many distance learning courses rely on Blackboard as the primary method of communication between instructor and student. This page will guide both students and instructors through day to day use of Blackboard.
Logging In --> https://my.bgsu.edu/
Getting an Account --> Part of the BGSU Account Creation process. Blackboard is available 24 hours after a BGSU Account is created.
Information for Current and Admitted Students
- Blackboard FAQs for Students
- Blackboard Sync
- Behind the Blackboard Support for Students
- Getting Started in your Blackboard Learning System Course
- My Enrollment Verification Application in My Services
Information for Pre-Students and Guests
Information for Instructors
Canvas Migration Assistance
- Blackboard FAQs for Faculty & Staff
- Grade Center
- Submission of Grades
- End of the Semester Tasks
- COBL - Center for Online and Blended Learning
- Blackboard Quick Tutorials
- Behind the Blackboard for Faculty
- BGSU's Blackboard Course Maintenance Schedule
- Visual Text Box Editor (VTBE) Help
- Blackboard Quick Start Guides
- ITS Quick Reference Guides:
- How do I make my Blackboard course "Available"?
- How do I add somebody to my Blackboard course?
- How do I remove someone from my Blackboard course?
- How can I give my T.A. access to my course's control panel?
- How do I add content to my course?
- How can I control which areas of the course my students can see?
- Where is the "Control Panel"?
- Where is the "Blackboard Instructor's Manual" located online?
- How do I copy course content from a previous semester's course to another course or development shell?
- How do I save a discussion from a Blackboard course as a PDF file? Macintosh - Windows (PC)
- How do I download my Grade Center so I can open it with Excel? Macintosh - Windows (PC)
- How do I save a back-up of my course to share with a colleague or take offsite? Macintosh - Windows (PC)
- How do I generate a disk usage report for my Blackboard Course?
- How do I remove a Blackboard course from my view?
- How do I disable the Visual Text Box Editor (VTBE)?
- Firefox requires some configuration to allow Copy/Paste interoperability with the Visual Text Box Editor (VTBE). Use these instructions.
- Instructors and Organization Managers can find the Blackboard Instructor Manual on their course or organization control panel at the "Manual" link under Support.(HTML)
- Students can find the Blackboard User Manual on their course or organization site on the Tools page if the instructor or organization manager has enabled it. Look for the link "Student Manual".(HTML)
- Blackboard Academic Suite Instructor Manual for Release 8 (PDF Version)
- Blackboard Academic Suite Instructor Manual for Release 8 (HTML Version)
- Blackboard Academic Suite User Manual for Release 8 (PDF Version)
- Blackboard Academic Suite User Manual for Release 8 (HTML Version)