TSC Technology Guide
Content Management System (CMS)
- Site/Folder Publishing (full documentation)
Getting Started with CMS:
- Lesson #1: What is a Content Management System (CMS)?
- Lesson #2: CMS Terminology
- Lesson #3: How to log in to the CMS System at BGSU
- Lesson #4: The Content Explorer
- Lesson #5: The Navigation Pane (left column)
- Lesson #6: The Display Pane (right column)
- Lesson #7: Creating a Personalized Search Engine
How to Create Different Content Types in CMS
- Lesson #8: Generic Home Page and Article Content Types
- Lesson #9: Using the Ephox Editor
- Lesson #10: External URL Content Type
- Lesson #11: File Content Type
- Lesson #12: Image Content Type
- Lesson #12a: Inserting an Image into the Body
- Lesson #13: Left Navigation Content Type
- Lesson #14: Multimedia Content Type
- Lesson #15: jQuery Slideshow Content Type
- Lesson #16: Using Slots when editing a Content Type
- Lesson #17: Editing Existing Published Content
- Lesson #18: Adding Bookmarks/Anchors to Your Content Using Ephox Editor
Known Issues with CMS:
- Ephox Editor Deleting Scripting Code (like iFrame) in the Body
- Macintosh Security Warning Issue
- Screen Display Scrambled While Using CMS
Other Helpful Documents and Pages:
- CMS Content Title Standards
- BGSU Mail Form Creation
- Templates and Color Palette for New BGSU Design
- BGSU Graphic Standards Manual
- Steps to moving your web site into CMS
- CMS Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I enable pop-ups for the CMS servers? ( PC) ( Mac)
- How can I create a copy of an existing content item that I can modify into a new content item on the CMS?
- What is a promotable version and how do you create one in the CMS?
- What are the features available in the Ephox rich text editor EditLive used to edit content in the CMS?
Other Resources ...
Useful Web Design Guides
Didn't find what you were looking for?
For more information see the Office of Web Development website.