BGSU students, faculty and staff can download and install up to five copies of Microsoft Office on their personal computers and iPads for free.
The video below will walk you through the process of setting up Microsoft Office on your personal machine. If you would like to setup your iPad, follow the steps on this page.
Click the More Information tab along the top for more details on the
offer. Remember, this offer only applies while the recipient is an
active BGSU student/faculty/staff.
If you already have a version of Office on your machine, follow these steps to remove it before installing Office using the option below.
As part of the Office 365 suite of applications that BGSU began implementing in 2013, students, faculty and staff at BGSU will now have access to install the Office 365 Suite on up to five computers. This service is provided free of charge for as long as you are an active student or employee at BGSU. Here are a few things to keep in mind before installing the software.
- This suite includes Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and many other pieces of the Microsoft Office collection.
- Once you install and activate Office 365 on your machine, you will be able to save and open files directly within your OneDrive system.
- Office 365 requires an internet connection periodically and may stop working if not given the chance to connect for an extended period of time.
- As a student, once you graduate, Office 365 will work for at least six additional months before warning you that you have five days to pay for a subscription.
- You can manage which machines you have Office 365 activated on using the same website you download the software from.