Residence Hall Phone Service
BGSU offers telephone service in residence hall rooms upon request. The service may be ordered online using a credit card. Residents have the opportunity to purchase the service at the academic year level or single semester level.
Included in the service are:
- Analog dialtone in the specified room.
- A dedicated number in the 419-372 BGSU exchange for direct incoming calls and outbound callerID.
- Local calling to BGSU expanded calling area.
- Single voicemail box for messaging of unanswered incoming calls.
- System support of the above items.
Telephones, cords, etc., are not provided and are the responsibility of the student to provide and maintain.
To obtain residence hall telephone service:
- Complete the service order form. You will have the option to print a receipt upon completion of the order.
- A TSC service incident will be created and you will receive an email message that includes the Incident #.
- The service will be activated in approximately 3-5 days. Once activated, a form will be left at the residence hall location informing the requestor of the service activation and their phone number.
- You will also receive an email to inform them that the incident has been completed/resolved.
- Each student may then connect their phone and establish their voicemail.
The charges for student telephone service are non-refundable. Once the request for telephone service has been completed and the credit charge has been processed, no refunds will be made.