ALL New International and International Transfer Students Spring 2015
Wednesday, January 7, 2015 8:00 AM
- Mandatory new student check in to 206 BTSU
Thursday, January 8, 2015
- Mandatory international student orientation 202B BTSU from 8:00am -5:00pm
Friday, January 9, 2015
- Mandatory international student orientation from 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Course Registration for Undergraduates
- Graduates Meet with Departments as required
Orientation is mandatory for all students that have not attended
There is a $100 Orientation Fee for all students even if you have not attended mandatory orientation.
Please bring your passport, Form I-20, visa, and I-94 with you to the orientation all three days. We are looking forward to having you with us!
New International graduate Students Fall 2015
New International undergraduate Students Fall 2015
Topics covered during orientation:
Visa and immigration information
Navigating campus technology
Campus safety and resources
Getting involved at BGSU
International student orientation is mandatory.
Therefore, all students will be charged the $100 orientation fee regardless of attendance to cover the costs of initial processing and registration of your immigration documents and compliance with Federal regulations.
What to do before you arrive:
- Pay your I-901 fee, if needed
- Activate your BGSU Email Account and Portal
- Please bring any copies of immunization records that you may have with you.
- You will meet our Health Professionals during Orientation for Health screening and clearance as required by Federal Law.
Housing and Arrival:
Undergraduate students that are required to live on campus may check in to the residence hall beginning January 6, 2015.
There is no temporary housing available in residence halls for students who are living off campus.
Please remember to make your living arrangements prior to your arrival in Bowling Green. If you need a list of hotels, please e-mail email@example.com and one will be provided.
- Undergraduate Housing Information
- Graduate Housing Information – Off Campus (on campus graduate housing is filled for Spring 2015)
There are several options for transportation from the airport. For students arriving in the spring semester, we do not have a shuttle from the airport. You may contact the providers below to make your reservation. They are licensed and bonded but not affiliated with the University.
Most students coming to Bowling Green arrive at either Detroit Metro Airport or Toledo Express Airport.
Detroit Metro Airport (DTW)
Visit Website »
One of the newest, most operationally-capable and efficient airports in North America. With two new passenger terminals, 145 gates, six jet runways, and two modern Federal Inspection Services facilities for international arrivals.
Toledo Express Airport (TOL)
Visit Website »
Is a joint civil-military airport located 10 miles (16 km) west of the city of Toledo in the extreme Western portion of Lucas County, Ohio, United States, near the border with Fulton County, in the townships of Swanton and Monclova. In addition to serving commercial passenger, cargo and general aviation aircraft the airport is also a base for the Ohio Air National Guard's 180th Fighter Wing with F-16 Fighting Falcon aircraft.
What to bring to Orientation:
- I-94 (may be printed from this website: (Here)
- I-20 (may be stamped) or DS-2019 (may be stamped)
- Insurance information if you have any
- Any transcripts, syllabi, and course descriptions if you are transferring
Paying your Tuition and Fees
It is easy to pay your tuition and fees online, be prepared to pay your bill when you register for class. Please make sure that you have enough cash or money order to pay some initial expenses when you arrive to BGSU. Graduate students that receive stipends should expect to have at least some funds available upon your arrival for housing and utility deposits and basic expenses for living. You will not receive your first stipend payment until approximately the middle of the first month of the semester.
Check the BGSU Bursar website for information about how much you will pay for tuition and fees.
There are several options for paying your BGSU bill listed on this website.