Continuing Education Programs
What people say about our continuing education programs and presenters:
Trauma in Individuals, Families and Organizations, and the Process of Recovery - Presented by Sandra Bloom, M.D.
"Very comprehensive presentation." "Informative, relevant, timely, research-based and engaging." "Excellent presentation and supportive BGSU staff." "Exceeded all objectives."
Optimal Aging with David Gobble, Ph.D., CHES, and Mike Magee, M.D.
"It was a well-organized and insightful experience We learn that by taking care of ourselves (health, education, social, spiritual and physical) we can take care of those in need. Thank you for an informative program with very inspiring speakers."
Annual HHS Homecoming Lecture (Fall)
"I always enjoy coming back to BGSU for the annual homecoming lecture, and I hope you continue to offer this annually."
Peggy Adams, Ed.D.
"Super engagement. best ethics seminar I have been to in years."
Shawn Dowling, MSW, LISW-S, LiCDC
"Dynamic presenter. Practical Examples!"
Derek Mason, Ph.D.
"Wish I had had Dr. Mason as a professor."
Ruth McMonagle, MSW, MBS, ACSW, LISW-S
"Loved Ruth's teaching style and methods. Atmosphere was fantastic."
Dr. Jay Stewart, PhD, MRC, PCC-S, LiCDC, CRC
"Very good presenter. Very tangible and easy to understand."
Paula Taliaferro, MGS, LSW
"Great presenter. Made workshop very relatable with
- Advocates for Basic Legal Equality (ABLE) and Legal Aid of Western Ohio (LAWO)
- Alzheimer’s Association- Northwest OH Chapter
- Center for Continuing Medical Education at the University of Toledo Health Science Campus
- Center for Successful Aging
- Hospice of Northwest Ohio
- National Association of Local Boards of Health
- Northwest Ohio Gerontological Association
- Ohio Association of Senior Centers
- The Community Partnership
- The Ohio Masonic Home
- United Way of Greater Toledo
- West Park Place
- Wood County Alcohol, Drug Addiction and Mental Health Services Board
- Wood County Committee on Aging