Financial Aid Forms
These forms are presented in .pdf format in alphabetical order by subject and can be completed online and then printed or saved. To view a .pdf file, you need the Adobe® Reader, which can be downloaded free of charge from Adobe.
(click to expand)
- Verification Worksheet: If your file was selected for verification, you must complete the Verification Worksheet. If you were required to report parent information on the FAFSA, you are a Dependent student and should print the Verification Worksheet for Dependent students. If you were not required to report parent information on the FAFSA, you are an Independent student and should print the Verification Worksheet for Independent students.
- Additional Financial Information Worksheet: This form is used to clarify taxable income offsets.
- Asset Clarification Form: This form is used to clarify information about student and/or parent assets.
- Child Care Expense Form: For students who wish to report child care expenses.
- Family Member Enrollment Verification Form: This form is for students required to verify a sibling's enrollment at another institution.
- Household Information Worksheet: This form is used to clarify information about the number of people in your family, the number of people in your family that are attending college, or the marital status of a family member.
- Parent Income & Living Expense Assessment Form: This form is requested when the parent income reported on the FAFSA does not appear to be sufficient to meet basic family living expenses.
- Qualified Education Benefits Assessment Form:
- Student Income & Living Expense Assessment Form: This form is requested when the income reported on the FAFSA does not appear to be sufficient to meet basic living expenses.
- Tax Filing Status Conflict Worksheet:
- Untaxed Income Clarification Form: This form is used to clarify information about income types that are not included on a tax return.
- Alternative/Private Loan Questionnaire: This form is required of all students who have already applied for an alternative/private loan.
- Federal Direct Plus Loan Process: should be completed by parents interested in borrowing a Federal Direct PLUS Loan. Completing this Pre-Application will initiate SFA's processing of the loan. The amount of your PLUS loan is based on the cost of education less any other financial aid you receive. Students must also be enrolled at least half-time (6 credit hours). Pre-Applications received for Fall will not be processed until mid-June to ensure the credit check is valid at the time of disbursement.
- Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan Process: should be completed by a Graduate Student interested in borrowing a Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan. Completing this Pre-Application will initiate SFA's processing of the loan. The amount of your Graduate PLUS loan is based on the cost of education less any other financial aid you receive. The Graduate borrower must be enrolled at least half-time (4 credit hours). Pre-applications received for Fall will not be processed until mid-June to ensure the credit check is valid at the time of disbursement.
- Student Loans Discharged Through Permanent Disability: For students who have one or more student loans discharged because of total and permanent disability.
- Conditional Discharge Request: This form must be completed by any student wishing to receive Federal Student Loans during a Total and Permanent Disability Conditional Discharge period.
- Dependent Student Without Parental Data: Application for a Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan to be filled out by a student whose parents have ended all financial support and have refused to complete and sign a FAFSA.
- Dependency Information/Appeal Application: Students classified as dependent may petition to be reclassified as independent based upon documented adverse family circumstances. If you do not meet the independent criteria as defined on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid it may be appropriate for you to file a Dependency Appeal.
- Enrollment Verification Appeal: For financial aid recipients who wish to appeal WF grades at the end of a given semester.
- Satisfactory Academic Progress Advisor Certification Form: For students who are required to meet with their academic advisor and submit an Academic Advisor Certification Form as part of their Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal .
- Special Consideration Application (SCAP): For students requesting a review of FAFSA information due to a change in their or their family's financial situation.
- Term Enrollment and Late Add Exception Form: Use this form to adjust the number of credit hours your financial aid is based on.
- Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal Form and Policy: The policy and appeal form to be completed and submitted by students who wish to appeal their denied satisfactory academic progress status.
- College Preparation Checklist
- Direct Loan Basics for Parents
- Direct Loan Basics for Students
- Do You Need Money for College? Federal Student Aid at a Glance
- Transfer Student Financial Aid Checklist
- You Have Choices: Financing options beyond the FAFSA
- Application for Student Employment in the Financial Aid Office: This form is for BGSU students who wish to apply for an open student employee position in the Financial Aid Office. A BGSU Student must be enrolled at least half time to be eligible for an on-campus job. If you are looking for a part time or full time permanent employee position then please click on the following link: http://www.bgsu.edu/offices/ohr/employment/
- Change in Student Marital Status: If your marital status has changed since filing your FAFSA, use this form to inform our office of the change.
- Confirmation of Dependency Status: This form is used to help determine if parent information is required to be reported on your Free Application for Federal Student Aid. This form is NOT a Dependency Appeal or Verification Worksheet for Dependent Students. The Dependency Appeal is located under Appeal Documents. The Verification Worksheet for Dependent Students is located at the bottom of the Verification Documents section.
- Consortium Agreement Form:For students who want to use their financial aid to enroll as transient, concurrent or guest students at another institution.
- Degree Holder Guest Non-Degree Student Programs Review Form
- Federal Financial Aid Refund/Withdrawal Fact Sheet:Contains information about how withdrawing affects the student's receipt of federal financial aid.
- Student’s Authorization to Release Financial Account Information: Allows students to give SFA permission to release financial information.
Forms and other documentation can be submitted to SFA online here.