Reporting Safety Hazards: Employee Rights and Responsibilities
The Ohio Public Employment Risk Reduction Program poster applies to BGSU employees. Employees are encouraged to correct unsafe conditions as follows:
- Report them to the next administrative level.
- If this notification does not correct the hazard, or if the hazard is not in the employee's department, call Environmental Health and Safety (372-2171).
Examples of reportable conditions:
- fire hazards
- trip/fall hazards
- unsafe equipment
- improper use of equipment
- damaged asbestos
- no personal protective equipment
- improper chemical use or storage
Call Environmental Health and Safety or Human Resources (372-2259) with questions about this poster or about hazard reporting procedures.