Reporting Safety Hazards: Employee Rights and Responsibilities
Employees are encouraged to correct unsafe conditions as follows:
- Report them to the next administrative level.
- If this notification does not correct the hazard, or if the hazard is not in the employee's department, call Environmental Health and Safety (372-2171).
- In the event you feel the unsafe condition or
concern has not been addressed internally, you are encouraged to use
the procedure outline in the Ohio Public Employment Risk Reduction Program
Examples of reportable conditions:
- fire hazards
- trip/fall hazards
- unsafe equipment
- improper use of equipment
- damaged asbestos
- no personal protective equipment
- improper chemical use or storage
Call Environmental Health and Safety with questions about this poster or about hazard reporting procedures.