Fire Safety Information
Fire safety at BGSU is a cooperative effort of many departments, including the Bowling Green Fire Division, Environmental Health and Safety, Campus Operations, Public Safety, Residence Life, Risk Management, and Student Affairs.
Residential fire safety programs at BGSU include:
- Recurring fire safety inspections of student rooms and facilities.
- No candles or incense in student rooms.
- Standards for electrical appliances, electrical cords and furniture.
- Monthly inspections of over 2000 fire extinguishers.
- Yearly fire training exercises by local Fire Division.
- 24 hour monitoring of residential fire detection systems.
- Free fire extinguisher training for residents.
- Special fire safety training for Residence Life Staff.
- Minimum of two fire drills per semester with evacuation verification.
- Student discipline for violation of fire safety policies.
- Smoke Free Campus in 2014.