INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL GRANT
BOWLING GREEN STATE UNIVERSITY
EDUCATION ABROAD PROGRAMS
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- U.S. citizen or U.S. Alien
- Must be a BGSU degree-seeking student
- Must have a free application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file in the student Financial Aid Office
Applications will be evaluated based upon the following:
- Academic standing
- Application essay
- Financial need
- Preference will be given to students that have been accepted to a study abroad program lasting at least 3 weeks.
- Preference will be given to students who have not previously received the International Travel Grant.
Students are encouraged to submit their applications prior to the dates below for strongest consideration. Travel grants will be awarded based on the availability of funds.
Spring Semester Abroad – November 1, 2012
Summer Term Abroad – March 1, 2013
Fall/Academic Year Abroad – May 1, 2013
Students who receive a travel grant will be required to volunteer eight (8) hours for Education Abroad the semester they return to BGSU. Students graduating immediately following their time abroad must fulfill the requirement prior to their study abroad experience, or while abroad.
Education Abroad Office
216 University Hall