There are an abundance of scholarships for students studying abroad. With time and hard work most students are able to find some sort of financial assistance to help with their study abroad experience. The Office of Education Abroad & International Partnerships publishes the Student Guide to International Education Scholarships which provides a wealth of information on BGSU scholarships, and national scholarships, as well as useful websites when researching financial assistance for study abroad.
These scholarships are available through the Office of EAIP:
- International Travel Grant: BGSU Degree-seeking Students participating on study abroad programs may be eligible to apply for an international travel grant. To be eligible students must have a current FAFSA on file with the financial aid office at BGSU and be a U.S. citizen or U.S. resident alien.
- Roger C. Anderson Study Abroad Scholarship: Full-time undergraduate students in the College of Arts and Science with a minimum 3.2 GPA may be eligible for this scholarship. Students must be studying abroad for at least one semester. Preference will be shown to applicants with financial need, and to those who will be engaging in a first-time international academic experience in Europe or Latin America.
- Charles and Wanda Rich Scholarship: Full-time undergraduates in the College of Arts and Science with a minimum 3.0 GPA may be eligible for this scholarship. Students must be studying abroad on a BGSU-approved program of at least one semester in duration. Financial need may be considered.
- Pretzer International Fund Study Abroad Scholarship : Graduate and undergraduate students in Spanish, French or German language programs. Students must be studying on a language-focused study abroad program.
- Bonnie R. Valiant Scholarship
Full time BGSU students with a minimum 3.0 GPA may be eligible for this scholarship. Students must be planning to engage in an academic experience in China.
- Student Guide to International Education Scholarships (PDF)
Be advised that there are other scholarships that may be available to assist students with funding their Education Abroad programs. We recommend students contact their Program Directors to learn about program-specific scholarships that may be available as well as visiting the Office of Financial Aid to learn about other opportunities. Questions concerning the scholarships listed on this page may be directed to the Office of Education Abroad & International Partnerships.