STEPS TO A SUCCESSFUL STUDY ABROAD EXPERIENCE
- Visit the Education Abroad office where you can schedule an appointment to meet with a study abroad advisor or attend an information session to explore your international opportunities.
- Make an appointment with the Program Director. Every BGSU education abroad program is unique and is administered by a Program Director. Contact details are available on the Education Abroad Website, or through the Education Abroad Office.
- Discuss study abroad with your academic advisor. You academic advisor will assist you with the selection of course-work abroad in order to ensure that you graduate on schedule.
- Visit the office of Financial Aid to learn about how your Financial Aid package can be utilized to assist in paying for your study abroad experience.
- Passport Copy - submit a copy of the photo page of your passport to the Education Abroad office prior to your departure.
- Scholarships – research scholarship and grant opoprtunities available to students participating in international programs abroad.
- Student Content, Medical Authorization, and Release (PDF) – must be completed and returned to Education Abroad, 202C University Hall before you depart.
- International Student Identity Card – for insurance purposes, BGSU requires all students who study abroad to purchase an ISIC card. Learn more about how to apply for the ISIC card here.
- Attend the mandatory Pre-Departure Orientation sessions prior to your departure – obtain valuable information concerning life abroad as a student and get advice and helpful tips from study abroad returnees.
- HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!