SAFTEY, SECURITY & HEALTH
Before departing for study abroad, consider the health issues that may affect you overseas. Familiarize yourself with health concerns prevalent in the geographical area where you have chosen to study. Also assess how to care for current physical and psychological conditions while away. The Education Abroad office is happy to help you in this process. Please feel encouraged to express concerns you may have with one of our staff.
- Consult your doctor early for vaccinations and inoculations
- Visit the BGSU Student Health Services for information on travel health and immunizations
- If you are on a prescription, take enough medication to cover your time abroad or find out if you can obtain your prescription abroad. Please note that not all substances are controlled in the same way in other countries. Do research to learn about how your prescription is controlled abroad.
- Carry prescription medicines in their original containers
- Bring a written copy of prescriptions using the generic name for each medicine
- Check country specific health updates with the Center for Disease Control
Use the following internet resources to learn about health issues abroad