Technology Endorsement Certificate
- The Graduate Computer Technology Endorsement Certificate (16 hours) may be earned apart from completing the entire Master's degree. Teachers with this endorsement will be prepared to not only provide leadership capabilities for local, state or national educational technology initiatives but also will be licensed to teach computer science courses, K-12. Students may apply for the Computer Technology Endorsement from the Ohio Department of Education after completing the 16 hours of coursework identified for this credential.
- The Master of Education in Classroom Technology and the Graduate Computer Technology Endorsement Certificate are offered to cohorts, groups of students who begin the program together and progress through the sequence of courses together. One on-campus cohort of 18-20 students is admitted each year and begins coursework in the fall. Off-campus cohorts are periodically started in various locations throughout northwest Ohio, and as online cohorts, as resources allow. Coursework for both the Master's degree or the Computer Technology Endorsement may be taken completely online.
- The Technology Endorsement Certificate coursework consists of 16 credit hours.
- EDTL 6310: Technology in the 21st Century Classroom
- EDTL 6320: Technology Leadership and Professional Development
- EDTL 6330: Dynamic Media
- EDTL 6350: Real World School Tech
- EDTL 6360: Internet in the Educational Community
- EDTL 6390: Special Topics in Classroom Technology
To Obtain the Endorsement:
- Once course requirements are complete, candidates will need to submit the following to the EDHD Office of Accreditation and Licensure:
- An Ohio Department of Education Licensure Application
- Associated fees
- An official transcript of final grades
Dr. Savilla Banister
Dr. Allison Goedde, Cohort Coordinator