Science Endorsement Certificate
- This endorsement is for degree-holding teachers who want to obtain a P-9 science endorsement. To be admitted to the Science Specialist Endorsement program, candidates must hold a license/certificate in Early Childhood, Middle Childhood Science, or Adolescent Science. Additionally, candidates must must submit evidence of successful passage of the Praxis II or PLT as well as written documentation of at least three years of successful experience in teaching science.
- The program consists of
18-21 credit hours. See the program
checksheet for more information.
- EDTL 6730: Instructional Leadership for Science, Technology, and Society
- EDTL 6710: Big Ideas and the Nature of Science
- EDTL 6270: Curriculum Topic Study for Science Achievement (can be repeated multiple times for new content exploration)
- ENVS 5150: Investigating the Environment
- EDTL 6170: Math and Science Leadership Academy
- EDFI 6450: Using Assessment and Research to Improve Practice
- EDTL 6890: Practicum in Mathematics and Science Inquiry
- Endorsement candidates must pass the Middle Childhood level Science Praxis II exam.
To Obtain the Endorsement:
- Once course requirements are complete, candidates will need to submit the following to the EDHD Office of Accreditation and Licensure:
- An Ohio Department of Education Licensure Application
- Associated fees
- An official transcript of final grades
- An official Praxis II score report
confirming passage of the exam
Dr. Tracy Huziak-Clark
121 Life Science Building
Bowling Green, OH 43403