Thank you for your interest in the Master of Arts in Cross-Cultural and International Education (MACIE). For full consideration, you must apply to the BGSU Graduate College and to the MACIE Secretary for admission into the MACIE Program.
Please consult BGSU Graduate Admission requirements in order to fulfill all BGSU Graduate College requirements. There are three (3) parts to the application process:
Required Application Materials:
1. The following must be submitted directly to the BGSU Graduate College:
- Graduate College Application: The Graduate College only accepts online applications:http://choose.bgsu.edu/apply/online/?graduate
- GRE Scores
- Transcripts from all institutions of higher education you have attended.
- Students from countries whose first language is not English must also submit TOEFL/IELTS scores.
2. The following must be submitted directly to the MACIE Secretary:
- A three-part essay of no more than 1000 words addressing the following:
- Your reasons for wanting to join MACIE;
- How your background experiences have helped prepare you for the program; and
- Your career goals and aspirations upon completion of the degree program.
- Three letters of reference to MACIE. Please access our MS Word form or a PDF version for your referees to complete. We strongly suggest that your three letters of reference include at least one from an academic referee and one that is work-related. These may be emailed directly to the Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A current resume or curriculum vita.
Send all MACIE Application Materials (essay, three letters of reference, and resume) to:
- MACIE Secretary
School of Educational Foundations, Leadership and Policy
550 Education Building
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH 43403
- OR, materials may be sent electronically to email@example.com.
- Application deadline: Please apply by February 15th to be given full consideration for a graduate assistantship and other possible scholarships. The program will accept applications until April 1st for individuals wishing to join the program as part-time students.
- Questions about the application process? Contact the MACIE Program Coordinator, Dr. Christopher Frey, at 419-372-9549, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Graduate Assistantships and Financial Aid
3. The MACIE program has a limited number of Graduate Assistantships available. Interested candidates should complete the Graduate Assistantship Application Form and send it to the MACIE Secretary at email@example.com along with your other MACIE application materials. We strongly encourage all applicants to apply for other scholarships if financial aid is necessary. Begin this process by exploring the following options:
- Explore BGSU information on financial aid
- International Students, please seek funding in your countries, and consult BGSU resources for international students and external resources.
Paul Coverdell Peace Corps Fellows:
Peace Corps volunteers interested in becoming a Paul Coverdell Peace Corps Fellow through the MACIE program should apply to the program as directed above, being sure to note on the Graduate Assistantship Application Form their status as Peace Corps Volunteers. Volunteers admitted to MACIE must submit a copy of their Description of Service (DOS) before beginning the MACIE program.