WELCOME TO THE GRADUATE PROGRAMS IN THE SCHOOL OF HUMAN MOVEMENT, SPORT, AND LEISURE STUDIES!
We are housed in the College of Education and Human Development and offer a graduate degree with specializations in Kinesiology, Leisure & Tourism, and Sport Administration. The Master's program in Sport Administration at Bowling Green State University is accredited by the Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA). Students graduate with real-world knowledge of what it takes to succeed in the sport industry. We are committed to diversity and inclusion through exemplary scholarship, teaching, and service. In this pursuit, we encourage academic excellence, integration across academic disciplines, and the quest for social justice based on knowledge and appreciation of human diversity.
The School’s facilities are located in the Eppler Complex. Special features of the complex include a state of the art biomechanics and motor behavior laboratory, body composition testing facilities including a bod pod, neurogames to study the effects of concussions, and interactive learning facilities. As you explore our website, you will learn more about our mission, subject areas, and research approaches utilized by our graduate faculty and students. We invite you to get to know us better by browsing this website, connecting with us through social media, contacting individual faculty members, and/or visiting us right here on the BGSU main campus!
The School of Human Movement, Sport, and Leisure Studies (HMSLS) shares the University vision to be the premier learning community in Ohio and one of the best in the nation. In concert with the College of Education and Human Development, we are dedicated to fostering a dynamic community of lifelong learners and leaders. The School is committed to the creation, enhancement, and dissemination of knowledge in the fields of kinesiology, sport, leisure and tourism studies. As agents of change, we strive to fulfill this commitment through exemplary scholarship, creative endeavors, teaching, and service. In this pursuit, we encourage academic excellence, the integration of academic disciplines, and the quest for social justice based on knowledge and appreciation of human diversity.
At the completion of the master’s degree, students will have mastered the following program learning outcomes:
- Analyze, interpret, synthesize, and evaluate the literature appropriate to her/his area of study (through thesis defense or poster presentation).
- Integrate learning from courses taken in his/her area of study.
- Write clearly, demonstrating grammatical precision and avoiding unnecessary area of study jargon.
- Speak clearly at a level appropriate for the listeners.
- Articulate reasoned beliefs in a civil manner.
- Demonstrate competence in those skills required of his/her area of study.
- Provide leadership appropriate to her/his area of study.
- Demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and dispositions needed to interact with a diverse, multicultural, and global society.
GRADUATE PROGRAM SPECIALIZATIONS:
-Hometown: Cygnet, OH
-Undergraduate: Bachelor of Liberal Studies
-Graduate Program: Leisure & Tourism, Human Movement, Sport and Leisure Studies, BGSU
-Lisa did not have assistantship because she was working full-time at BGSU in the Division of Student Affairs!