The Advocates Board serves as the key volunteer group for the College of Education & Human Development at Bowling Green State University. Its members assist the Dean in achieving the College’s stated goals and mission, offer leadership and insight, help identify and secure resources for major initiatives and priorities, and promote the College, its academic programs, and the University as a whole.
Advocate Board duties include:
- Attend two meetings per academic calendar
- Function as ambassadors for the College and, when appropriate, for Bowling Green State University.
- Serve as resource to the Dean, administrators, and, at times, faculty.
- Provide input on the College’s image, direction, and strategic plan.
- Office advice regarding human and financial resources for the College.
- Utilize professional skills and/or networks that will assist the College in reaching its goals and objectives.
- Make and facilitate contacts within the community and/or business and industry that will advance the College and its programs.
- Aid in the recruitment of the highest caliber of faculty and students possible.
- Assist in external/public relationship and in developing communications strategies for the College.
- Encourage faculty, staff, students, and alums to become involved in advancement activities.
2014-2015 EDHD’s Advocate Board members include:
- Tony Wagener '07
- Susan Bobey
- Judith Conda
- Robert DeBard
- Nancy Karr ‘70
- Cal Majure ‘08
- John Schumm ‘67, ‘72
- Brian Stretchbery ’79, ‘87
- Suzanne Thompson ‘61
- Dr. Pamela Cross
Dr. Brad Colwell, EDHD Dean
(Pictured left to right: John Schumm, Judith Conda, Suzanne
Thompson, Susan Bobey,
Pamela Cross Young, Nancy Karr, Myrna Bryan, Brian Stretchbery - Not pictured: Cal Majure)
Helpful links for friends/alumni to visit:
- Ways to give back
- Ways to give
- Alumni events and programs
- Join the BGSU Online Community - MyZiggy
- Stay connected to the College on Facebook
For more information about ways to help support EDHD, as well as BGSU please contact Tony Wagener directly – email@example.com or (419) 372-4261.