Master of Education in Classroom Technology
Recognized for Excellence: U.S. News Top Online Graduate Education Programs
This program assumes that you are already a technology-integrating teacher, who models NETS-T standards. The program is designed to support your growth to a NETS-TF (technology facilitator) level.
Students may apply for the Computer Technology Endorsement from the Ohio Department of Education after completing the 16 hours of coursework identified for this credential. In addition, students completing the identified EDFI courses (6300, 6400, and 6960) will receive the K-12 Online Teaching and Learning Certificate.
This is a sample of a course sequence for a cohort that starts in Fall semester. The first 6 courses are those for the Computer Technology Endorsement Certificate.
COMPUTER ENDORSEMENT (16 CREDIT HOURS)
- EDTL 6310 - Technology in the 21st Century Classroom
- EDTL 6360 - Internet in the Educational Community
- EDTL 6320 - Technology Leadership and Professional Development
- EDTL 6330 - Dynamic Media I
- EDTL 6350 - Real World School Tech
- EDTL 6390 - Special Topics in Classroom Technology
BEGIN MASTERS WORK (18 ADDITIONAL CREDIT HOURS)
- EDFI 6450 - Using Assessment and Research to Improve Practice (or EDFI 6410, Educational Statistics)
- EDTL 6150 - Information Literacy for Teaching & Learning
- EDTL 6340 - Dynamic Media II
- EDFI 6420 - Research in Education
- EDTL 6180 - Technology Tools for E-Learning
Upload your Letter of Interest below and it will be sent to Allison Goedde ( firstname.lastname@example.org). The letter should include:
- Specification of the cohort to which you are applying, such as “online Summer 2013".
- One to three paragraphs describing your experience with technology, and particularly technology in the classroom.
- One to three paragraphs describing what interests you about earning a master’s degree in classroom technology. (Why are you applying for this program?)
Start the Application: http://choose.bgsu.edu/graduate/?major=Z518
*Be sure to indicate that you are requesting a program/degree from the College of Education and Human Development, and that you are requesting the Classroom Technology Program or the Computer Technology Endorsement Certificate.
Have (2) two official transcripts from each college you have attended sent to the Graduate College (Official transcripts from BGSU courses do not have to be requested.) Transcripts should be sent directly from each higher education institution you have attended.
Office of Admissions
ATTN: Graduate Admissions
110 McFall Center
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH 43403
Have results sent to the BGSU Graduate College. Fully detailed Graduate Record Examination (GRE) information is available at the GRE web site or read more about our GRE requirements. The Graduate Coordinator will send you more information on taking the Wayfind Assessment once you have processed the rest of your application materials.