To obtain the BGSU K-12 Online Teaching and Learning Certificate participants in this program take four graduate-level courses developed to provide the skills needed to prepare students to be effective online teachers and provide them with the necessary research skills.
- EDFI 6300: Psychological Foundations of E-Learning (3 credits)
- EDFI 6400: Educational Technology & Society (3 credits)
- EDFI 6500/EDTL 6180: e-Learning (3 credits)
- EDFI 6960: Practicum in Virtual Learning Environments (4 credits)
Steps to Apply
Write a Letter of Interest
Send your Letter of Interest to Allison Goedde via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. The letter should include:
- Specification of the cohort to which you are applying, such as “online Summer 2013".
- One to three paragraphs describing your experience with technology, and particularly technology in the classroom.
- One to three paragraphs describing what interests you about earning a K-12 Online Teaching and Learning Certificate. (Why are you applying for this program?)
Submit Your Graduate College Application Online
*Be sure to indicate that you are requesting a program/degree from the College of Education and Human Development, and that you are requesting the K-12 Online Teaching and Learning Certificate.
All graduate level programs use the same Graduate College Application. Note: There is a non-refundable application fee.
Submit Transcripts & Standardized Test Scores
Have two official transcripts from every college or university you have attended and your GRE General Test or Praxis II scores sent directly to:
120 McFall Center
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH 43403
United States of America
The Graduate Coordinator will send you more information on taking the Wayfind Assessment once you have processed the rest of your application materials. TOEFL scores are required from applicants whose native language is not English. For information on the GRE/Praxis/TOEFL tests, visit the Educational Testing Service website.