To obtain the BGSU K-12 Online Teaching and Learning Certificate participants in this program take four graduate-level courses developed to provide the skills needed to prepare students to be effective online teachers and provide them with the necessary research skills.
- EDFI 6300: Psychological Foundations of E-Learning (3 credits)
- EDFI 6400: Educational Technology & Society (3 credits)
- EDFI 6500/EDTL 6180: e-Learning (3 credits)
- EDFI 6960: Practicum in Virtual Learning Environments (4 credits)
Submit Your Graduate College Application Online
Note: All graduate level programs use the same Graduate College Application. A $45 nonrefundable application fee is assessed for domestic applications. The international application fee is $75.
Submit Transcripts & Standardized Test Scores
Submit scanned copies of official or unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended to the Graduate College. Upon admission, final official transcripts from each degree granting institution must be submitted.
Official transcripts are to be sent to:
120 McFall Center
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH 43403
United States of America
The Graduate Coordinator will send you more information on taking the Wayfind Assessment once you have processed the rest of your application materials. TOEFL scores are required from applicants whose native language is not English. For information on the GRE/Praxis/TOEFL tests, visit the Educational Testing Service website.
Write a Letter of Interest
You will upload this as part of the online application process for this program.
- Specification of the cohort to which you are applying, such as “online Summer 2017".
- One to three paragraphs describing your experience with technology, and particularly technology in the classroom.
- One to three paragraphs describing what interests you about earning a K-12 Online Teaching and Learning Certificate. (Why are you applying for this program?)