Although students can pursue an internship at any organization that works with women or on issues of gender/sexuality (in consultation with the Undergraduate Advisor), the list below is where some of our past Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies have completed their practicum experience.
- Cocoon Shelter, Bowling Green, Ohio
- Equality Ohio, Columbus, Ohio
- Planned Parenthood of Northwest Ohio, Toledo, Ohio
- Women’s Center at BGSU
- Toledo Office of Ohio State Senator Teresa Fedor
- Victims Services at Behavioral Connections, Bowling Green, Ohio
- Battered Women’s Shelter and House of Peace, Cincinnati, Ohio
- LGBT Resource Center at BGSU
- Perrysburg Heights Community Center, Perrysburg, OH
- People Called Women Bookstore in Toledo, Ohio
- Women for Women International, Washington, D.C.
You can download the complete Internship Handbook for WS 4010. The handbook includes all the forms and information you need for initiating and completing your practicum experience. Internships are required for majors who entered BGSU prior to Fall 2012. They are optional for majors who entered BGSU Fall 2012 or later. Discuss internship possibilities with the Undergraduate Advisor. You will enroll in CCS 3710 (Gender, Race and Culture in Community Based Practice) and may start initiating a field placement in consultation with the Undergraduate Advisor.