STC Student Chapter
Benefits of STC Membership
STC members receive these and other benefits:
- Discounts on STC's annual and regional conferences
- Intercom—STC's monthly magazine
- Technical Communication—STC's quarterly journal
- Mailings from your local chapter; e.g., meeting announcements and newsletters
- Special Interest Groups (SIG)
- Association Group Rate Insurance
These benefits also apply to STC student membership. In addition, student members can enjoy networking opportunities and employment information, as well as a sense of community, discussion of current issues/events, and scholarships provided by STC.
To be eligible for student membership, you must be:
- Enrolled in an accredited university, college, community college, or technical school
- Taking at least two courses or their equivalent each term; and
- Preparing for a career in technical communication.
How to Apply
You will need a faculty member’s signature on your application form to qualify for student membership. You can get the membership application from any S&TC faculty, or you can download a printable application from STC.org.
- Complete the application form
- Obtain the signature of an S&TC faculty member
- Mail the application and payment (check or money order for the appropriate amount listed above) to the STC office at:
901 North Stuart Street
Arlington, Virginia 22203-1822
Fax: (703) 522-2075
Student member dues are $55 with no enrollment fee. The membership dues are non-refundable and non-transferable, and must be renewed each year.