Studying abroad lets you learn about other cultures, make new friends, and develop career advantages. Study Abroad Programs seek to provide:
- Improved foreign language skills
- An international/global view
- A greater tolerance for others' opinions
- An ability to see more than one perspective
- A greater sense of self-reliance and self-confidence
- Personal flexibility
An international experience benefits students seeking careers in almost any field. As a potential employee, a study abroad experience identifies you as an informed, confident, self-sufficient, responsible, organized, and globally aware person. Your ability to interact and make new friends in other countries may well provide future networking connections and opportunities .