Romance and Classical Studies
Graduate French Studies - Program Costs
*University Liability (*Scroll down to the bottom of the page)
Bowling Green State University reserves the right to make changes in dates, program costs, or courses, if it becomes necessary to do so. In the event of insufficient enrollment, a full refund of
monies paid will be made. Any student who, for personal or family reasons, must withdraw from the program after having been accepted, forfeits the application fee. In addition, if a student
withdraws after the completion of lodging or host family assignments, the student will be held responsible for reimbursing the AYA France program on a case-by-case basis, according
to the time frame.
Please Note: Graduate students with a current BGSU contract in good standing may qualify for full or partial fee waivers. Please contact the Graduate Coordinator to learn about these opportunities and the availability of waivers.
Tuition Costs (Fees current for the Academic Year 2011-2012):
- Candidates for the M.A. in French are required to take a total of 18 credits per academic year; this amounts in 2013-2014 to a total of $7,632 per academic year.
- Graduate students who are not residents of the state of Ohio pay an additional $5,490/academic year. These non-resident fees are often covered by the tuition scholarship.
Year 1, up to $5000
Year 2, up to $9000
All M.A. applicants must pay the General Fees (for Academic Year 2013-2014, $1,098); these fees cannot be covered by the tuition scholarship.
- Technopôle or another CROUS-affiliated student residence (university residences are only available to students under the age of 29) = $4,650/academic year [this price from 2011 includes rent, electricity, and housing insurance]
- Host Family = $7,600/academic year [includes rent, utilities, cultural excursions, 2 meals/day]
- AYA (Academic Year Abroad) Application fee (non-refundable): $25
- Administrative Fee (non-refundable): $175
- General Education Abroad Fee (non-refundable): $50
- Housing Fee (non-refundable): $ 500 [only for BGSU-arranged housing]
*Not included in the overall fee are transportation to and from Europe/Africa, passport, titre de séjour, bus pass, Eurail, school supplies, laundry, incidental expenses, individual travel, and insurance.
N.B.: For the Burkina program, the cost of medical preparations and visa applications are the students’ responsibility.