Department of Philosophy
Accommodation: Self Defense Workshop
Lodging in Bowling Green
There are two hotels in Bowling Green with rooms set aside for workshop attendees at a special rate: The Best Western Falcon Plaza is the cheaper option but may not have rooms on Saturday May 27 (details below) and The Hampton Inn which has rooms for all nights but is slightly more expensive.
1. The Best Western Falcon Plaza has reserved a number of rooms for workshop attendees at a special, reduced rate. (Click on the name to go to their website).
Their contact information is:
The Best Western Falcon Plaza
1450 E Wooster Street
Bowling Green, Ohio, 43402
Or: 877.352.4671 (toll free)
Workshop Rate: $70.95 per night ( Includes: Light Continental Breakfast; Internet)
In order to obtain this rate, mention that it is for the "Philosophy Workshop" when making the reservation.
Reservations should be made before midnight on March 24, 2013 to ensure the special rate; reservations can be made later but the special rate may not be available.
Please note: There are plenty of rooms available at the Falcon Plaza on the nights of Thursday and Friday April 25 and 26, but due to a conflict with a major sporting event (a soccer tournament) that weekend, there are currently a limited number of rooms free there on Saturday April 27. If there are no rooms left on the 27th when you call to make a reservation, there are three options:
- 1. Stay the first two nights at the Best Western and then the third night (Saturday) at the La Quinta Inn (see contact details below), in Perrysburg, a nearby community about 15 minutes away.
- 2. Stay all three nights at the La Quinta Inn.
- 3. Later in March, rooms may become open at the Best Western for Saturday April 27, if some of the soccer tournament reservations are not taken up. So you could book the first two nights at the Best Western and the third at the La Quinta as a back-up, but if a room becomes available at the Best Western on the Saturday, have them contact you and then cancel your La Quinta reservation.
Transportation to and from the La Quinta Inn will be provided if needed.
The workshop rate at the La Quinta Inn is $71.10 per night for April 25 and $80.10 per night for April 26 and 27. In order to obtain this rate, mention that it is for the "BGSU Philosophy Workshop" when making the reservation. These rooms will be held until April 4.
La Quinta Inn (click on name to go to their website)
1154 Professional Dr,
Perrysburg, Ohio 43551
Our apologies for any inconvenience. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any difficulties or questions.
2. The Hampton Inn in Bowling Green (much closer to the campus than the La Quinta Inn) has reserved 20 rooms for the entire period: arriving on Thursday April 25 and departing on Sunday April 28. The cost is $85 per night plus tax. Mention "BGSU Philosophy Workshop" to obtain this reduced rate. This block of rooms is reserved until April 15, so book before that date. Contact details:
The Hampton Inn, Bowling Green
142 Campbell Hill Road
Bowling Green, OH 43402
Getting to Bowling Green:
See Directions page
What else is in Bowling Green?
For more information on the City of Bowling Green, including attractions, restaurants, and shopping, click here.
For any other inquiries, contact: