Department of History
The BGSU History Department offers a Certificate in Public History (offered jointly with the American Culture Studies Program), two options of the M.A. in History, three dual M.A. degrees in history/language, the M.A. in Teaching degree, and an innovative Ph.D. program focused on Policy History:
- A small, selective program where students work closely with nationally and internationally known scholars.
- A stipend of $12,700 (Ph.D.) and $9,200 (M.A.) for the 2011-12 academic year for those admitted with funding, plus waiver of all tuition and fees and opportunities for summer support.
- An outstanding placement system and a strong record of placing graduates.
- Support for student travel to present papers at professional meetings and to conduct research.
- A doctoral program focused on Policy History, an emerging field that integrates scholarship in political and institutional history with cutting-edge work in social and cultural history.
- An innovative program of policy-related internships to prepare students for careers as public intellectuals, mixing research, teaching and engagement in the policymaking process, and for non-academic careers.
- Ph.D. Fellowships in Policy History!