DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE
TRANSFERRING FILES BETWEEN WINDOWS AND BGUNIX
- Start the WinSCP application on Windows. If you don't have this program, you can obtain it from http://winscp.net/eng/download.php . The following instructions refer to version 2.0 of the application.
- Enter the host name, username, and password and press Login.
- In the left window, navigate to the folder on your Windows system containing the files you want to upload (or the destination for the files you want to download). Find the corresponding bgunix location in the right window. If desired, press F7 to create a folder in the destination directory to hold the transferred files (or click on Create directory at the bottom of the window).
- Click on the file you wish to transfer and press F5 to copy (or click on Copy at the bottom of the window).
- The first time you run WinSCP, press the More button in the following dialog. If this is not the first time you are running WinSCP, go to step 7.
- In the following dialog, select Text for text files (program files, data files, etc.), select Lower case, and check the bottom box (Use same settings next time).
- Press the Copy button to transfer the file. In the above example, the file interpreter.cpp would be copied to bgunix.
- Click on Disconnect at the bottom of the window to terminate the program.