Department of Communication
Scholarships & Awards
Each spring, scholarships and awards are earned by Communication students, recognizing dedication and excellence within the field. Many of these awards are made available through the generosity of our alumni and gifts to foundation accounts, including:
- The School of Media and Communication Fund for Excellence Scholarship
- Del Hilyard Memorial Book Scholarship Award
- Forensics & Debate (Grant-in-Aid) Scholarships
- The Dr. Julie Burke Memorial Award
- The Martin L. Hanna Family Award in Public Speaking (Forensics)
- The Howard L. Shine Memorial Foundation Award (Forensics)
- Communication Rising Star Scholarship
- Communication Outstanding Senior Award
- Communication Faculty Award
- Communication Scholar Awards (students with a 3.75 cumulative GPA or better)
- We also honor Lambda Pi Eta inductees.
The application packet for Department of Communication scholarships and the Dr. Julie A. Burke Memorial Scholarship can be downloaded now. Submit all materials to 302 West Hall, School of Media and Communication office. Call 419.372.8349 for more information.
Scholarships and awards are conferred each spring at the annual school and department honors ceremonies: