College of Technology
Here are a few tips to get you started on your scholarship search!
- Start early.
- Answer every question.
- Be aware of deadlines.
- Always be on the lookout for scholarship opportunities.
- Although some scholarships are not based on academic achievement, do your best to excel in the classroom.
- Do more than what your major requires, be involved.
- - Contact the Office of Campus Activities for ideas.
- Community service activities: do them, they’re fun!
- Get involved in extracurricular activities and clubs.
- Keep a copy of every scholarship application you submit; you might be able to re-use the application information or the essay.
- Do NOT pay for a scholarship search. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Scholarship search companies (who charge a fee) guarantee they’ll find you financial aid; what they don’t tell you is it’s in the form of loans every student is eligible for.
- Ask the Student Financial Aid Office about legitimate opportunities/questionable solicitations. That’s part of our job.
- Scholarships are updated in late fall/early spring online for the coming academic year. Most have early deadlines; some as early as January 1st.
- Apply! You won’t know if you’ll receive the scholarship unless you apply. YOU could be the only applicant who is eligible.