According to college policy, events are not be scheduled during the last week of classes and exam week without permission from the Office of the Dean.
Classrooms, Performance Halls and Related Facilities
Scheduling of all classroom facilities, except the Kelly Rehearsal Hall and Choral Rehearsal Hall, is coordinated in the College Office, room 1031 in the College Office. Scheduling of Kobacker Hall, Bryan Recital Hall, Kennedy Green Room, Kelly Rehearsal Hall, Choral Rehearsal Hall and dressing rooms is done through the Technical Director, room 0107. Scheduling hours are 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Friday. Questions should be addressed to the Director of the Public Events Office, room 1037. If additional assistance is required, messages may be left in the Technical Director’s mailbox.
Open weekly scheduling of Bryan Recital Hall and the Kelly and Choral Rehearsal Halls will be available in the College Office each Monday on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Fall semester: student recitals will be scheduled beginning the first day of the fall semester. Spring semester: student recitals will be scheduled in November. To sign-up for an appointment, see the schedule posted on the Scene Shop door, room 0107, in late October.
- To select a recital date students must present a signed Recital Approval Form to the Technical Director from their applied instructor. Scheduling is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Recital locations will be Bryan Recital Hall and the Choral Rehearsal Hall. Recital hours are as follows: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday at 8 p.m.; and Saturday and Sunday at noon, 2 p.m., 4 p.m., 6 p.m. and 8 p.m.
- Rehearsal time is limited to a single one-and-a-half hour period. Students will need to know the schedules of their accompanists, collaborating artists, etc. when they meet with the Technical Director.
- Final permission to perform the recital is secured through the submitting of a completed Recital Jury Approval form to the Chair of Music Performance Studies. See the appropriate area coordinators to schedule this jury. Recital juries are to be performed at least one month before the recital date.
- It is the student’s responsibility to notify the Technical Director in writing of any recital cancellations.
- If a student is unable to present a recital at his/her chosen time, the recital will be canceled and rescheduled in the following semester.
College Recitals (Alternate Friday Afternoons at 2:30)
A student wishing to perform on a Friday afternoon College Recital must obtain a form from the Music Performance Studies secretary in the College Office and complete it, returning the form to the secretary. This must be done by noon, three days before the performance. Selection of students for a specific recital and establishment of order of performance are at the discretion of the Chair of the Department of Music Performance Studies, with the advice of area coordinators.
Performers are limited to a single 90-minute session of rehearsal time in the performance halls.
Use of Kobacker Hall
Kobacker Hall is reserved for Festival Series performances, operas, large ensemble concerts, occasional faculty recitals and College Recitals. In the last case, rehearsals in the hall are not scheduled. Other rehearsals in Kobacker Hall may be scheduled only in preparation for events to be presented in that facility.
Except for conducting recitals when ensemble space requirements might necessitate, student solo recitals or recording sessions are not to be scheduled in Kobacker Hall.
For more information please see: Policies and Procedures