Official fees for BGSU are listed in the University Bulletin. In addition to the University instructional fee, general fee and facility fee, the College of Musical Arts also has special fees for certain types of instruction. These fees include:
- Advanced Audio Recording Techniques (MuCT 437) – $30
- Applied Music Fee – $45 per credit hour (not to exceed $90)
- Audio Recording Techniques (MuCT 436) – $30
- Class Harp – $22.50 per credit hour
- Class Piano (MuED 150, 151, 154) – $22.50 per credit hour
- Instrument Repair Class (MuED 402) – $20
- Music Equipment Usage Fee – $50 per semester (fall/spring); $15 per semester (summer)
- Music Technology Lab Fee – $30 per semester
- Para Voice – $45 for two credit hours
- Student Teaching (MuED 497) – $5 per credit hour
The excess credit fee of $50 per credit hour (which is charged to University students who register for more than 18 hours in a semester) is waived for music majors if the excess credits are for ensemble participation.
All music majors will be assessed a Music Equipment Usage Fee of $50 per semester and $25 per summer semester. This fee is used to purchase, repair and replace equipment for use within the College of Musical Arts. The Music Equipment Usage Fee is assessed in lieu of individual rental charges for such purposes as ensemble or class instruments, practice rooms, audio equipment and pianos.