Music Discovery Day for High School Students
Tentative Program Schedule. Activities begin at 9 a.m and include:
- Learn about music scholarships, University admissions and financial aid
- Visit typical college music classes
- Attend clinics on audition preparation and music theory
- Learn about careers in music and the curriculum for the majors in music
- Meet the music faculty
- Observe ensemble rehearsals
- Attend an All-College Concert featuring performances by the Collegiate Chorale, Jazz Lab Band I, Bowling Green Philharmonia and Wind Symphony.
All events subject to change
Over 300 high school students register annually to visit the Moore Musical Arts Center for this event, where they can attend rehearsals of the college’s large ensembles: Wind Symphony, Concert Band, Women’s Chorus, Bowling Green Philharmonia, Men’s Chorus, Collegiate Chorale, A Cappella Choir, Opera Theater and the Falcon Marching Band. Students can also sit in on classes, workshops and rehearsals of the small ensembles at the college.
Staff from the University’s admissions and financial aid offices are available to answer questions. In addition, visiting students can meet with music faculty members.
Parents and guests are encouraged, but not required, to attend Music Discovery Day. Parents and guests are welcome to attend sessions with your students, or you may split up to attend more sessions throughout the day.
For further information contact:
Coordinator of Music Admissions
College of Musical Arts
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH 43403-0290
(419) 372-8577 or (800) 3GO-BGSU