Junior Trial Audition Day
Saturday, April 5, 2014
Junior Audition Day 2014 will be held on April, 5, 2014. Check back in February to register!
The music faculty at Bowling Green State University invites high school juniors to present a “trial” audition at the College of Musical Arts.
Students will have the opportunity to:
“Get to know the professors you could be spending your next four or five years with! Around my junior year of high school, I attended a camp offered here at the College of Musical Arts. During my week, I was given opportunities to work and perform with several members of the faculty, staff and already existing students. It was this experience that was my deciding factor in choosing a college. The faculty was amazing and the whole atmosphere was welcoming. The Junior Audition Day in which I also participated only confirmed things more for me.”—Elise Stevens, music education
- Perform a sample audition and receive valuable comments from faculty members
- Learn how to prepare for a college career in music from music majors in the College of Musical Arts
- Attend a music theory workshop
- Learn about the BGSU admissions process
- Learn about music scholarships and financial aid
- Learn about Summer Music Camps
What to Prepare
- Please prepare two contrasting solo selections.
- The faculty may choose to hear all or part of you prepared selections depending on the length of each.
You do not need to bring an extra copy of your music for the faculty.
|11:30 a.m.||Welcome/Information meeting for students and parents|
|12:15 p.m.||Theory Workshop for students|
|12:15 p.m.||Parent Information Session|
|1:30 p.m.||Individual audition appointments begin. Students will receive their audition times upon check-in.|
|1:30 p.m.||Admissions Presentation|
|2:15 p.m.||Financial Aid Presentation|
|3:00 p.m.||Summer Music Institute Information Session|
For complete details contact:
Coordinator of Music Admissions
College of Musical Arts
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, Ohio 43403-0290
(419) 372-8577 or (800) 3GO-BGSU
Bowling Green is an equal opportunity educator.