Master's Orchestral Conducting Audition Information
Application deadline is January 5 for admission to the Orchestral Conducting Program
- Interview with Dr. Emily Freeman Brown, director of orchestral activities
- Play a Bach chorale in open score. The example you are to perform will be sent to you one week prior to the audition.
- Basic ear training tests.
- Conduct the Bowling Green State University Philharmonia (10–15 minutes) on agreed upon repertoire.
- Symphonic literature identification exam.
- Audition on your major instrument with the appropriate College of Musical Arts faculty member for the purpose of evaluating level of musicianship.
- Interviews with College of Musical Arts faculty for consideration for assistantships in areas other than orchestral conducting.
- Interview with Dr. Robert Satterlee, Assistant Dean of Graduate Studies.
Serious applicants should contact Dr. Emily Freeman Brown by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and submit a DVD of recent conducting in performance and/or rehearsal for review. Send to: Emily Freeman Brown, College of Musical Arts, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio 43403-0290. Invitations to the audition will follow DVD review, which must be postmarked no later than January 20. Auditions will take place in February.